Brad and Janet Noir, our unhappy couple from last time, will demonstrate.
1. Don't make your text too small.
2. Don't use an inappropriate font.
3. Don't condense your linespacing or letterspacing.
4. Don't put too much text in a single balloon.
5. Don't treat your balloons as if they were shrink-wrap for the text.
6. Don't carve your balloon into a jigsaw around the text, either.
7. Don't break up your text in unnatural ways.
8. And lastly, don't leave your text aligned to the left.
Hopefully why you shouldn't do any of these things is self-evident.
Just in case it's not, though, I'll explain: it looks like pure hell, and it makes it harder for me to enjoy reading your comic.
And I really, really want to enjoy reading your comic.